Re: AP Studio Art

---------

From: jmw (wellj44_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Feb 25 2005 - 06:18:14 PST

Two quick questions, please, for AP studio teachers out there: Are you
free to design your course syllabus, or is there a standard AP syllabus
for design or drawing that must be followed? (I know about the
portfolio requirements re concentration etc.). Second, does an art
teacher need to be AP certified in order to teach AP studio? Like
Patty, I teach more than one level of high school art at each period. I
would like to offer AP studio next year to qualified students who will
work 'independently' in the same room as my Art I and Art II students.
 I am trying to compete with an ever-increasing barrage of technology
course requirements and "honors level course" requirements placed on our
brightest and most talented students. There's a chance that my
administration might grace an AP art studio designation with honors
value. Thanks for your input in advance. J.

---