Re: ??? about images on websites

---------

From: Melissa Enderle (melissa_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Feb 24 2005 - 08:14:22 PST

Most likely you have made the image on your website larger than its true
size. If your original image was 2" high at 72 dpi, and you resized it on
your website to be 4", the pixels must be larger to fill the space - and
thus you lose quality. It's the same thing that happens when you use a
digital zoom on a camera/camcorder.

Melissa

On 2/24/05 2:36 AM, "croberts" <croberts18@cox.net> wrote:

> Got a question...
>
> when I scan something or take a photo...when I have it on my computer, the
> image is very clear...however, when I upload it to my website...it gets that
> fuzzy look.
>
> It does the same thing...whether I use a resolution of 72 or a resolution of
> 200... anyone have any ideas on what's happening???
> Carolyn

---