RE: Length of art classes in the elementary

---------

From: Tammy Willis (tmwillis72_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Feb 24 2005 - 05:25:51 PST

I have 1-6 which includes a multiage class 75 minutes every week and K kids
60 minutes everyweek. When I was student teaching I had the kids everyweek
for 40 minutes and it wasn't enough time.

The 75 minute is good you can get into a discussion with the kids and then
have a good amount of time for work. Sometimes I think my K kids have it a
bit to long. Although I have them at the end of their day so by the time
they get to me they are exhausted, can't sit still.

Snow day today!!! My first one this year.

Tammy