Re: Elementary schedule for art teachers ;-0

---------

From: Rick Larson (jrlarson51_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Feb 22 2005 - 12:38:40 PST

Lisa, It sounds like you will be up to your eyebrows- How will you prep for
all of that? I teach in 50 minute periods 5 classes a day, K-6- once a week
per class.and 30 min lang arts. I wouldn't be able to fit more in without
my program losing out. The thing is that pre K and K take alot of prep for
it to be a successful learning experience.(IMO)- more than 3-6th grades. If
you are adding those, keep it short for pre-k and K- then, if you find your
K's can handle more time next year, re-think it. This is just my 2 cents.-
I have had every schedule imaginable...
Betsy
> Lengthen the 1-6th, and make preschool and K 30min.

> I currently teach 1st-6th grades in 45 minute periods. Next year I
> will also
> be teaching preschool and kindergarten. The principal has encouraged
> me to
> either lengthen some of the teaching periods, or have art twice a week

---