Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Elementary schedule for art teachers ;-0

From: LaDonna Dixon (ldixon_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Feb 22 2005 - 11:32:46 PST

I LOVE my current schedule, albeit HECTIC! I teach K-5, 50 minutes for
grades 1-5 and 30 minutes for K. The really great difference is that I
teach the same class of 1st graders (or whatever grade level it is) for
a whole week at a time and then rotate...It means I have to really
look/select/streamline what lessons to present because essentially there
are 9 lessons - (if I am lucky) for each grade level per year.
Excellent for visual arts teachers! Propose to your principal....
You never know. ;-)

LaDonna Dixon, NBCT
Visual Art Teacher
Round Top Elementary
803-691-8676 x. 3304

"Life is not measured by the breaths we take
 but by the moments that take our breath away."

>>> 02/22/05 2:18 PM >>>
Lengthen the 1-6th, and make preschool and K 30min.

>>> 02/22/05 1:09 PM >>>
I currently teach 1st-6th grades in 45 minute periods. Next year I
will also
be teaching preschool and kindergarten. The principal has encouraged
me to
either lengthen some of the teaching periods, or have art twice a week
to round
out the second day of teaching. I wondered if some of you might have
opinions on how long an art period seems ideal for various elementary
 Your feedback is greatly appreciated.

Do You Yahoo!?