Re: Archimbaldo idea for photoshop

---------

From: Larry Prescott (larrcott1_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Feb 22 2005 - 06:40:20 PST

Linda, I just finished this idea with a group of 7th graders last week. Thought you may be interested in the outcome. Larry

http://mms.d321.k12.id.us/webart/html/student%20work/arcimbo.html

lindwood@webtv.net wrote:
I had a really fun day today. A friend who is in charge of children's
art displayed in hospitals and clinics around town asked me to have my
photo kids do something big in photoshop for a children's nutritional
clinic. We came up with the idea of having the kids make Archimbaldo
type portraits, or even building whole people out of
freaky/beautiful/funky fruits and veggies. We went to a Chinese grocery
and several other big exotic fruit and vegetable markets and
photographed 176 shots of fruits and vegetables that we will put into a
clip art file for the kids to work from. The market owners were so
nice...even offering to cut some of the funkier ones in half so we could
photograph the insides. We were eating all day...weird random
menues...whatever we sliced open we tried to eat some of it so as not to
waste it. I got in MUCH more than my measly 2-3 out of 5-6 daily
servings of fruits and veggies. I think this will be fun. I also
photographed some textures they could use as backgrounds...baskets full
of beans in closeup, a whole table full of red peppers. It might be best
on a white background, but we'll see. Anyway, here's hoping it turns
out well and that they kids have fun doing it. I was thinking of
letting them photograph each other closeup and then having them do cut
and paste of veggies/fruits on top of their own faces. We have lots of
choices for eyes, mouths, etc. It will be fun to see what they do.

Linda Woods

Visit our Lower and Middle School Art Gallery Sites:

www.sjs.org
Click on Arts, Lower School or Middle School, Gallery

To view recent additions to our gallery
www.sjs.org
Click on the student button on the home page
Scroll to the bottom of the page
Click on View Other Galleries
Scroll down to see what's new

---