Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Suggestions for Art Education Methods Classes

From: Diane C. Gregory (dianegregory_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Feb 21 2005 - 21:45:20 PST

Hi Guys,

I am teaching five different art education methods classes for art education majors. Fundamentals of Art Education (Intro to the field) Elementary Art Education, Middle School Art Education, High School Art Education, & Individual Differences (gifted/handicapped). I would like to blend theory with practice. They do have fifteen hours of clinical/field experiences in each methods class. Clinical experiences are in a community based art program and field experiences are in public school art programs. What do you think would be important to teach?

Director of Undergraduate & Graduate
Studies in Art Education
Department of Art