Re: Archimbaldo idea for photoshop

---------

From: Cathy Gaul (allgaul_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Feb 21 2005 - 20:06:42 PST

Linda, what a GREAT idea!
My kids love the pages I ripped out of a magazine that comes with my gym membership called 'Strong'. Every issue (except the latest one, I hope they haven't discontinued this...) there is a 'food portrait' like what you are describing- but of an athlete made in their 'weakness' food. Donovan McNabb from the Eagles was made in Mac and Cheese and greenbeans, Martina Navratilova was made from rolled dough and powdered chocolate and sugar, Kristy Namiguchi was made from brownies, etc. I think I must have 6 of them up there. The kids are fascinated and want to do their own portraits in their favorites. But I REALLY like the photoshop idea you had. What a great day today must have been, and how exciting! Being an avid photoshopper myself, I would love to play with your clips and I think doing the food self-portraits is genius!
Good luck and be sure to share the photos!

Speaking of photos, I did get to the Gates, it was a real rainy day and no place to park or walk, so I got some shots out of my car window at lights driving along 5th avenue from 98th St.. down. I got some real blurry ones, but some pretty good ones, in a random kind of urban gray scale with brilliant saffron for contrast kind of way...with some interesting people along for good measure. I will put them in an album online when I get a chance, along with the Year of the Rooster paintings my younger classes made. Only I think everybody must have it wrong, because according to over half of the 2nd grade, inspite of me writing ROOSTER on the blackboard, it is really 'YEAR OF THE ROSTER'. *grin*

Cathy

Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.