using plaster gauze in my sculpture classes

---------

From: Kevan Nitzberg (knitzber_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Feb 21 2005 - 09:24:39 PST

  I have my Sculpture I students use plaster gauze over wire armatures
(consisting of 18 gauge wire, chicken mesh and brazing rods), to create the
"skin" for their volumetric sculpture projects that are then finished with
Plaster of Paris, primer, stain and acrylic sealant.

  I also have Sculpture II students using plaster bandage to make casts of
hands as an optional part of constructing a sculpture for their Expressive
Nature of the Human Body piece. Be careful to have them use vaseline or
some other agent to prevent the plaster from sticking to skin and hair.

  You can look ath the various applications of this material on my web site:

  http://www.anoka.k12.mn.us/ahsnitzberg

  Kevan

---