Re: using plaster gauze

---------

From: Geoffrey McClain (skygeoff_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Feb 21 2005 - 06:48:22 PST

A long while ago, when my students were studying Ancient Egyptian art, I had them (5th graders) bring in their old Barbies to be mummified in the plaster. They loved doing it. Be sure to cut the hair off first so it will be easier. Then they made a shoebox into a sarcophagus. The decorated it with drawings and collage materials. They had to list 10 things they wanted to take with them into the afterlife in the lid.
Sky in NJ

---