RE: The Gates

---------

From: Leslie Miller (zandeerae_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Feb 20 2005 - 05:45:36 PST

Oh Eilen,
I'm so sorry!
My friend that I was supposed to stay with has a heart problem and was home
with a problem, so # 1 I was worried and thinking about him and on the phone
off an on with him the last three days. Then I ended up going down just for
the day; we were there only from 1:30 until 4:30, with my brother and his
friends. It was a way to get there without spending hundreds of dollars, but
not my favorite way. I loved being there, but the day left a sour feel in
me. So.... If I had made a choice about seeing see, I would have called or
e-mailed. As it was I just plain forgot. Please forgive.

I wold recommend you go down, though and wander. There are hoards of people
and during the week may be better, but, I don't love crowds and these crowds
didn't bother me at all. I wish I had been free to wander on my own,
though, just sit and watch the parade. Maybe Monday in the snow might even
be better.

This was not at all a private visit with friends. My friends would have been
good company and I would have remembered you and wanted you to meet them .

My brother is a good brother, as things go, but we really don't get along
for time together.

Les
Leslie Miller
Fountain Street Studios