The Gates

---------

From: KPRS (KPRS_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Feb 19 2005 - 19:41:33 PST

I spent the morning at The Gates with some of my AP Art History students. It
was a great experience for all of us. The day was clear, the sky blue, and
The Gates, orange.

I am going back on Monday in the snow to see them against the white.

Just a heads up to those of you that go. The volunteers who are walking
around with The Gates vests and are holding a long stick with a tennis ball
on the end (to unfurl), will GIVE you a piece of the fabric that Christo and
Jean Claude used, if you ask to see a sample. My students and I all took our
little samples, like little prizes, and carefully put them in our pockets.
We then went to the Metropolitan Museum of Art, climbed the stairs to the
rooftop Garden (you can stand in line for the elevator), and took lots of
pictures of "The City" and "The Gates". We all bought postcards and plan to
frame our little swatches with our postcards.

We will be submitting our group photo of us under the some of The Gates, to
the yearbook editor to be put in the Academic Section...so the school will
have a record of The Gates as well.

San D

---