Powerful Art Assignment

---------

From: Woody Duncan (woodyduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Feb 19 2005 - 15:41:22 PST

I just watched, on CNN, students at Parkville Middle School
in Maryland. They did portraits of American's killed in Iraq.
The student created portraits were on display with information
about each of the deceased
serviceman on woman. It was extremely well done. It appeared
that they researched the web for information on every american
killed in the war. CNN showed a parent (who lost a son) talking
to one of the young artists. This was a powerful assignment
carried out very well. It could be seen as supporting the soldiers
or reinforcing anti-war sentiment. Perhaps it does both, either
way I congratulate the art teacher and the students at Parkville
Middle School.
                        Woody, Retired in Albuquerque

--
35 Quality Middle School Art Lessons