RE: Understanding By Design + mapping

---------

From: Hillmer, Jan (HillmJan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Feb 17 2005 - 13:49:04 PST

We are just starting the mapping this school year- diary mapping.
That's where we map what we did, not what we're gonna do. I suspect
curriculum rewrite won't be far behind.

For anyone who has mapped for a few years, how does it help? I guess
you can see holes in the curriculum, but it seems too much angst for
just a little good. Is that it? Do the higher ups use it to evaluate
your job?

 I have ordered Understanding by Design 'cause I like to have this stuff
thought over before the administration comes and tells us that we're
gonna have to do it. Gets my head in a better place.

Jan