"Mature theme" - translates to "caution - nudes" - on my site

---------

From: Judith Decker (jdecker4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Feb 17 2005 - 11:31:32 PST

Greetings ArtsEdNetters,

There aren't any instances where I could list figure
drawing or life drawing as an alternative....as the
word nude was only there as a caution to YOU to
preview the sites first before showing to students.
The image resource I removed completely. The other
instances were on a note to parents and on couple
Picasso and Dali links (and you folks know better than
to give kiddies free reign on those sites anyways).

Now my site says "mature theme" as a caution to you to
preview before showing the link to students. I doubt
that will fool all of your tech people...we shall see.
One tech person said it only took her two additional
clicks from one of the links before she got some nudes
- so she would not unblock the site for one list
member to use.

I have asked the Ed Tech list to test my site now to
see if it is blocked by their filtering software - and
to tell me the reason. I will let you know what they
find out. The site may be blocked more now because of
Google ads.

Today my site was advertising a site where kiddies
could buy term papers for $30.00(AAACCKKK!) Princeton
Online did block that domain from advertising.

Thanks folks for making my site popular. Do click on
the ads that look interesting to you (I am not really
allowed to tell you to click on them though). I am
actually "prohibited" from clicking on my own ads (I
just read that today)...Well...How am I to find out
what I am advertising if I don't? I guess I will just
have type in the URLs from now on.

Judy Decker

=====
Incredible Art Department