KId designed lesson plan

---------

From: Tammy Willis (tmwillis72_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Feb 16 2005 - 18:13:42 PST

I had a great experience with some of my fifth graders today that I just had
to share it. It was about 5:00 and as usaul I was still at school. My room
faces the playground and 3 of my fifth grade girls were there. They saw me,
waved and came over. I opened the window and we began talking. They were
still there as they just finished their creative writing after school class.
They then asked me what they were doing tommorow in art. I said well that is
what I am working on. I was thinking and figuring it out when I saw them. So
they began to plan a lesson for us tommorow. They suggested that they could
illustrate the stories that they just wrote in their class but remembered
that some students didn't write any so then someone (can't remember me or
them) suggested illustrating books. Pick a paragraph out of the book to
illustrate. So they told me what books to get and I went to the library. I
am very excited about what will happen in class tommorow and more excited
that the kids thought of it hoping that it will mean more to them.

Tammy

---