Curriculum Guides - on Incredible Art Resources

---------

From: Judith Decker (jdecker4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Feb 16 2005 - 05:17:49 PST

Greetings ArtsEdNetters,

Patty Knott mentioned I may have some curriculum
materials on my site... For the most part, I have just
been forwarding what I have to folks via attachments.
I do have some comprehensive curriculum links on my
page on Comprehensive Arts. At present, I really don't
have any links specifically for Understanding by
Design. I started a separate Curriculum guide page
quite some time ago - but got bored checking guides
and maps and never finished the work (sorry).

From what I know about Understanding by Design - it is
looking for the big ideas. Patty teaches this way
"intuitively" - someday she will write the perfect
book for us (smile).

I did email Dr. Craig Roland to see if he had anything
he could share with us.

I think many of my own art lessons could be tweaked to
fit the goals of "Understanding by Design"....

Best Wishes to you Amy. I can't be more help right
now...I still have well over a hundred lesson plans to
re-format. The new look of IAD will be revealed soon -
maybe this coming weekend?

Judy Decker