Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: Understanding By Design -Text

From: Judith Decker (jdecker4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Feb 16 2005 - 04:40:41 PST

Greetings Amy,

I did some surfing for you... I found that Craig
Roland teaches this approach. Here is the text he
Understanding by Design by G. Wiggins and J. McTighe,
Alexandria, VA: 1998.

Amanda Linn teaches this way - maybe she could give
you some pointers? Amanda Linn (

Craig Roland may be able to help - We haven't heard
from him for while. I will email him and see if he
will make a post.

Judy Decker

--- wrote:

> Our school is working on curriculum using the
> Understanding By Design model.
> I've been looking online for any visual arts
> applications of this method of
> curriculum design, but have found very little. Does
> anyone have any
> curriculum examples specific to visual art? Or
> websites that show what this
> curriculum would look like in the visual arts
> setting? I've found examples of math,
> science, and ELA, but would like to find a model
> that is more specific.
> Thanks for any information you can share,
> Amy R. (

Do You Yahoo!?