RE: Donating to IAD not necessary ....yet

---------

From: Judith Decker (jdecker4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Feb 15 2005 - 09:47:57 PST

Thanks Jan and ALL,

I am keeping my site on Princeton Online Server for
the moment. I am just not happy with the ads Google is
selecting. Today, I was advertising bath towels!
Yesterday - Animal Feces T-Shirts (not made from feces
- printed with examples of feces -As if we need to be
able to identify different animal poo!?)...What will
it be tomorrow? At least I will no longer advertise
Chocolate Dieties. I took the banner off my Animal
Symbolism pages.

I am monitoring it closely. My plans right now are to
put my own site on Gary's server in the spring (not
the entire IAD - just Art Education Resources)- AD
free for you folks. That is the site I will update
with new links and resources - while I will just keep
the site "as is" on Princeton Online (and remove
broken links from time to time).
I will put a link on my home page to the Ad free site.

There are plenty of folks who use the site that will
be willing to help with the cost. Gary is a Getty list
member too... so I think this would be a good move. He
hosts several list member sites.

I will let all of you know when I make the final
decision. Right now I am still doing SCADS of lesson
plan updates on IAD to make the look pretty - who
cares if you won't be able to print them out (smile)?
At least they will NOT have ads on them.

If and when I do move the site - the Files for sharing
will be done from Gary's server. We will not lose
that. I will still give you a lesson in a printable
format first.

Right now, I am not pushing to add new lessons to
Incredible Art Department. YOU - GETTY LIST - built
that lesson plan base over the last two years - very
little has come from the Yahoo groups. We will see how
things go (right now - lesson plans are Ad free - I
did add the banners to some of the ideas pages to
"test" what Google puts there - so far those ads have
been OK). If I move My Art Resources Site.... I will
add your lessons for sharing to my site - to keep them
on an ad free site.

I am still doing the Lesson Plan Sharing Groups....and
will email those folks after I get all of these
re-vamped plans online....Only about 170 more lessons
to go (chuckles).

You folks are just WONDERFUL!

Cheers,

Judy Decker