Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Contemporary African American Artist - Terry Dixon - Abstract Expressionism/symbolism

From: Judith Decker (jdecker4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Feb 15 2005 - 04:27:12 PST

Greetings Art Educators,

Here is an artist that was featured in a Google ad on
my new home page - Terry Dixon:

From Washington DC.

His work is inspired by African art (I recognize
symbols from Africa writing systems). This is how I
can best describe his work. Take Pablo Picasso, Paul
Klee, Stuart Davis, Robert Rauschenberg - put them all
in a shaker and out comes Terry Dixon. His work is
very unique and refreshing. You can not save images to
file....but if his work interests you - let me know
and I will email him personally for some images.

His gallery is easy to navigate and you could show his
site on your white board (provided you have Internet

I will be linking up his site on my African American
Artists page.

Judy Decker

Incredible Art Department
Incredible Art Resources