Re: Op art- tops from cd's - from Deborah

---------

From: Judith Decker (jdecker4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Feb 14 2005 - 11:06:34 PST

Greetings,

That WONDERFUL CD idea came from Deborah Johnson. See
the Art on a Thread ideas page:
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/Files/Recycle/recycle.htm

Judy Decker

 The wonderful top idea came from the
> list this fall and I
> can't find the info here at school. I have a folder
> on my computer at home with that idea copied. There
was quite a discussion on the list at the
> time-maybe in October? Anyway, it came at just the
> right time to fit into my unit and my 5th graders
absolutely loved it. I got the manager of a
> local grocery store to donate several boxes of cd's
> from an old AOL promotion so we had a big supply. We
used sharpies,hot glued a bead on
> the bottom-covered the hole with a little foam
> square and used several
> foam shapes to stack for a handle to spin. I'm sure
> someone else on the list can give credit to the
genius teacher that shared the idea initially.

=====
Incredible Art Department
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/
Incredible Art Resources