RE: About the Gates/Mixed Emotions

---------

From: Fields, Linda (fieldsl_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Feb 14 2005 - 10:09:48 PST

I kind of understand how you feel (it's how I feel about space exploration), but, on the other hand, I am a proponent of individual's rights insofar as their own monies. I would feel differently if public funds had been used, I think, but since the artists themselves raised the money, I believe it is their right to spend it as they see fit, just as it is your right and mine to spend our salaries on cancer research, or whatever. Linda