Re: Jon Nagy

---------

From: Dulcius (dulcius_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Feb 13 2005 - 18:39:48 PST

I had that kit, too!! I wonder what the percentage is of people who now teach art, and had that kit as a child? I had no idea who the man was - someone gave me the kit as a gift around 1980.
The drawings I remember the most were the harlequin great dane and the snowy landscape with tree shadows dipping as they crossed wheel ruts in the road. I also remember a field with hay stacks - I remember showing my mom my version in the work book, and her critiquing my placement of one conical hay stack, which I had drawn with the tip even with the horizon line. I even gave a friend down the street art lessons using the kit! Who knows - maybe Mr. Nagy influenced many of us to become art teachers!
-Lydia
Toledo, OH