Re: About the Gates/Mixed Emotions

---------

From: Woody Duncan (woodyduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Feb 13 2005 - 08:23:53 PST

I had mixed emotions about Christo and his art until he
did his "Wrapped Walkways" in Loose Park in Kansas City.
http://www.artnet.com/magazine/features/haden-guest/haden-guest3-6-3.asp
I took a group of students to visit his project. It was
a marvelous experience with the morning mist lifting off
the grass. Times have changed, I believe it only cost
$50,000 but that was 20 some years ago. I suggest that
any critics of his work take the effort to visit his
work. I'm presently reading a biography of Christo and
Jean Claude.
                        Woody, Retired in Albuquerque

--
35 Quality Middle School Art Lessons