Teach through technology

---------

From: Aust ArtClasses (austart_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Feb 13 2005 - 07:04:13 PST

I was wondering how each of you may feel about this. We are
having difficulty keeping students interest in art classes
following the state standards. Many just want to draw anything
and say they are completeing a full art course. Basically when
asked what they thought art would be ' " Just coloring and
drawing" Didnt know we would have to do history or talk about
our art, composition, etc. Just get that Fine Arts credit and
out of the way.

I am considering implementing use of technology full force for
my Art I classes, hoping to get them more interested in the
class. Doing multimedia presentation, 3D animation , drawing
and paint programs, etc. I also will continue the use of clay,
fibers, etc. Is there anyone out there that has an entry level
similiar to this that may want to share their views. I see from
the shows released today at the movies, there is a need for
technology implementation in the art classroom. I have my
Technology Certification so feel I can lead then in this
direction.

Jackie Brewer (Aust)
Bryan High School
Bryan Texas 77802