RE: art class in the dark ages

---------

From: KPRS (KPRS_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Feb 13 2005 - 06:17:41 PST

I used a mimeo graph machine 'back in the day', and loved the smell myself!
Hmmmm, maybe that's why I'm losing my marbles? For years I even had old
'dittos' in my attic with the infamous "elements and principles" listed on
them, or sketch book assignments for the month on them...over the years that
only changes are the 'vehicle'...now it's "xerox" machines.

As for my experiences in the dark ages...my most memorable art teacher (7th
grade) not only opened my eyes to what I could do in art, she also made me
feel special in my awkward skin. She took us all on bike rides to places to
draw (i.e. local park) on weekends, and then she took photos of us all while
we worked and played. I never felt so special until I saw a picture of me in
8 x 10 format, unattached to my family..I was my own person. I try to honor
her memory by making my art students feel like they too are 'their own
person'.

San D

---