Re: art class in the dark ages

---------

From: Heidi McElroy (hmcelroy_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Feb 12 2005 - 21:09:31 PST

Sky,
 My nuns must have been related to your nuns because we had art on Fridays
with those same reproductions. Only we didn't copy them. We just pasted
them into our notebooks.
We did have the " 1 inch border "(must have been
universal ). My nuns would draw the picture on the board and we would have
to copy it. I especially remember the fall harvest picture. I think it was
copied from Jon Nagy. Now does anyone remember him? You had to be a New
Yorker, I think. He came way before Bob Ross...in days of black and white
TV.
As for mimeograph machines , were those the ones where you cut the stencils
with a stylus? I used those on my high school newspaper .
 I started teaching with ditto machines and was thrilled to
find that dittos came in colors besides purple. Thanks for the memories.
 PS.
I became an art teacher because I knew I could do better than that.
Heidi in VA

---