RE: Power point vs. Appleworks slideshows

---------

From: Hillmer, Jan (HillmJan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Feb 11 2005 - 07:01:04 PST

I totally agree. I have made more and more power points to use in my
classroom, and like you, Linda, I use a solid colored background, with
one simple transition style, no music. I like to have timed transitions
with 3-10 seconds from slide to slide. Then I apply 'loop' to the whole
thing so that it can continue to run during class.

There are also shortcuts on my desktop for a few sites. When I use
those, that's the only place I'm going for the lesson. Drawback is that
it doesn't loop, but it's how I handle those last minute site
discoveries with no time even for a power point.

What bugs me the most is when folks use power points for presentations,
and just read the words printed on each frame. Presentations are much
more powerful if the written parts are prompts for the presenter, as
well as for the viewer.
Jan

  What it is is a slide
show minus slides. EASY in my laptop. Nothing to gather together and
put away.
Linda Woods

Visit our student's web art gallery at St.John's School

www.sjs.org

---