Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

For all FISH fans - Aboriginal X-ray Style Prints (lesson)

From: Judith Decker (jdecker4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Feb 10 2005 - 11:05:37 PST

Greetings ArtsEDNetters,

I just put this lesson back online - the formatting
isn't "perfect" - but I wanted you to see the print.
Aboriginal X-ray Style Reduction Prints:

I happened to find this student sample in one of my
folders. He did put a third color on it. The year we
did them with the scratchfoam, I let students choose
any animal. The first year, we made glue relief prints
- we drew the fish from life (for the outside
contours)- then learned what the inners looked like
from scientific illustrations.

Hope this inspired someone to "go fishing" this year.

Here is my Aboriginal Art links page:

Try clicking on the link on the lesson plan...It can
be quite challenging - I laughed. Other links on the
lesson plan may be broken. I don't keep up with those.

My lesson plans will have this look...just because (I
get to be different)

Judy Decker

Incredible Art Department
Incredible Art Resources