Re: Power point vs Appleworks slideshows

---------

From: Woody Duncan (woodyduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Feb 10 2005 - 11:05:28 PST

jean1@dejazzd.com wrote:

> I always make slide shows. No music, just a 5 minute talk-though
> presentation.
> But I could LEARN Powerpoint if I thought it was worthwhile.
> So here's the question: what is your opinion of these 2
> applications? Is one better than the other? Why?

By two applications, I assume you mean powerpoint vs keynote.
My apple friends say that keynote is superior to powerpoint
in many ways (and cheaper too). If you have powerpoint on your
mac it will play powerpoints. On the other hand if you are a
PC person your powerpoint software will not play keynotes.

Years ago I choose to create in powerpoint (on my mac) because
95% of the world uses PC's. I had to buy "Office for the mac" so
I could create powerpoints. (very costly) Most schools have PC's
with Office Software / Powerpoint included. So when I make a
presentation in powerpoint I can share it with most other teachers.

Keynote may have more bells and whistles but a good presentation
doesn't need them. They just detract from the content. It's the
message that's important not all the glitz.

                                Woody, Retired in Albuquerque

--
35 Quality Middle School Art Lessons
Ordering Address: PO Box 91703