Dean Mitchell

---------

From: Woody Duncan (woodyduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Feb 10 2005 - 06:22:54 PST

If you are looking for a contemporary black artist,
check out the work of Kansas City artist Dean Mitchell.
I've used his powerful portraits in my classroom often.

http://www.bryantgalleries.com/index_files/page0015.html
http://www.hearnefineart.com/hfa/artist_dean.html
http://www.streckerfinearts.com/feature.php
http://randenterprises.com/dmfss.htm
http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/entertainment/columnists/alice_thorson/10378902.htm
http://www.spub.ksu.edu/issues/v100/sp/n130/a-e-mitchell-fortmeyer.html

Check your library for his book:
http://www.informartmag.com/editorial.cfm?editorial=Ieditorial_sp2001_1.cfm

His work is well worth your attention and more importantly
your students should become aware of an artist they will hear
more about as the enter their adult years.
                        Woody, Retired in Albuquerque

--
35 Quality Middle School Art Lessons
Ordering Address: PO Box 91703