Re: nudity -- long post

---------

From: Rachel Smith (rsmith_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Feb 09 2005 - 17:20:22 PST

On Tuesday, February 8, 2005, at 07:33 PM, ejb35@columbia.edu wrote:

> I didn't show them the image. I said to these adults, between the
> ages of 30 - 50 that they could look at the images on their own.
> That there was nudity. This gave them a choice.

This is a great point. Although my research with censorship in art
education only began formally two or three years ago, I have reached a
similar conclusion. If you give students (and parents) a choice, I
have found that they seem to be more comfortable approaching
controversial material.

Rachel Smith
rsmith@columbus.rr.com

  "We are the music-makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams..."
-Arthur O'Shaughnessy

---