RE: Judy D's Art Resources Site is back Online

---------

lpapanicolaou_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Tue Feb 08 2005 - 23:40:09 PST

>-----Original Message-----
>From: Judith Decker [mailto:jdecker4art@yahoo.com]
>Subject: Judy D's Art Resources Site is back Online
>Greetings,
>My Art Resources Site is back online.

So glad it's there, Judy. This semester I've
instituted 'Digital Friday'. I can never get into our
computer room because other people are teaching there
whenever my classes meet , but our school has mobile labs.

For all of you who don't live in Apple territory, these are
ungainly wheeled carts with banks of 16 iBook laptops (plugs
for recharging included) that you can check out and wheel
into your classroom. Great in theory, but half the time
there are two or three units malfunctioning, or someone's
used them and they haven't had time to recover, or the
server and/or airport is on the fritz.

Still it's the best way to incorporate digital into my
classes and it has me looking forward to Friday for other
reasons than TGIF. Eventually we'll get to Photoshop but
right now I'm just getting everyone acclimatized to the best
art sites that are out there. First lesson was a word wall
with Artlex. Woody's Color Wheel page was last week.
IAD's 'For Kids' section is next. Harold's perspective page
is in the pipeline, and I also have to create an art history
timeline.

Many, many thanks to all of you for having created these
resources.

Linda P.

---