Re: nudity -- long post

---------

From: Woody Duncan (woodyduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Feb 08 2005 - 17:23:31 PST

Hi Jane in Brooklyn,
        I see you are still at it. I know that you are not
in fear of testing the waters nor pushing the envelope.
I remember the mice we made from tampax in your apartment
in Brooklyn. That remark should make some people wonder.

        As for childhood's in the 50's, yes I like you had
lots of freedom. We found it healthy, and with luck we
survived. Now, Frani (my wife of 41 years) grew up in the
same inner city that I did. We met as seniors, in High School,
both of us had very different growing up experiences. She was
seldom let off the block. She went to Catholic School across the
street from her house through grade eight. Her parents did
not drive and when they did do something together it was a
family outing via the city bus. She thought I was rich cause
I had eaten in restaurants.

        When we went west with our kids on vacation our guide
in Monument Valley was a guide named Harry. She was amazed
that at 4 or 5 Harry was in charge of a flock of sheep all day.
Harry survived and didn't fall off any high cliffs. We all
grow up differently. My precious triplet grand kids are guarded
too closely, but they will survive. Even if they don't have the
freedom we had. One day I'll tell them of the many miles I
walked to school through deep snow. They get picked up by a
bus at the end of their drive, and they live in the country.
Web page below of them waiting on the school bus on the first
day of school.
        http://www.taospaint.com/FirstDay/School.html
                        Woody, Retired in Albuquerque

--