Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: Names for Art Club

From: LaDonna Dixon (ldixon_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Feb 08 2005 - 07:06:59 PST

Hi all-
My art club is called the I.C K. Club (Incredibly Creative Kids) The
kids LOVE it! Evidently being "ICKY" is somewhat cool.
LaDonna in SC

LaDonna Dixon, NBCT
Visual Art Teacher
Round Top Elementary
803-691-8676 x. 3304

"Life is not measured by the breaths we take
 but by the moments that take our breath away."

>>> 02/08/05 5:08 AM >>>
Does anyone use an interesting or unique names for their high school
club - aka art lessons after school? I am trying to create a name that
has a
little more appeal than Art Club - students indicated to me that "club"
a certain stigma to it - I suspect that they thought is sounded a bit
"babyish" for them but they were not very forth coming with their own

I am unfortunately am also unable to come up with anything - left brain
taken a brief exit. Any suggestions anyone.