Ashcan school - help!

---------

From: Hillmer, Jan (HillmJan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Feb 07 2005 - 06:22:43 PST

Does anyone have suggestions for a project based around the Ashcan
School? My 4th grade students are creating a play based on this era,
and in New York City, besides! We are a private school in sunny Florida
- a far cry from the dark alleys of 1900 NYC. Ideas? I could dig up
some photos from that era and have the kids paint them, but it'd be nice
to do something a bit different. Here's a good site.

http://www.artlex.com/ArtLex/a/ashcan.html

Thanks in advance for all your help!

Jan

---