still life and landscape in one project

---------

From: Barbara Reser (breser1_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Feb 07 2005 - 02:03:43 PST

I found a book "PAINT HAPPY" by Cristina Acosta. I used it as an idea source for a very sucessful project for students ages 6-8. It's a good way to incorporate a still life and landscape in one project, and I was able to get the message to these wonderful little artists--- "A GOOD ARTWORK FILLS THE PAGE!"

To break up the page:
 1. Draw a table top in the lower half of the page
 2. Draw a window in the upper half of the page
 3. Put legs on the table if necessary.
 4. Draw the line where the floor meets the wall.
 5. What's on the floor? Draw them.
 6. Draw repeat patterns for wallpaper and a door to this room, or anything else on the wall.
 7. Draw a landscape out the window.
 8. What's on the table? Draw them.

The students loved it!

Barb Reser www.arteducationstudio.com