Black History Month - Lesson Idea and Quiz

---------

From: Judith Decker (jdecker4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Feb 06 2005 - 18:16:02 PST

Greetings Art Educators,

Here is a lesson idea for Black History Month...

Design a Stamp of an important African American
(Artists would be nice)....Then have them study this
Black History Think Quest site.Stamp on Black History.
http://library.thinkquest.org/10320/Blk_Hist.htm

They can take an online "quiz" (kind of fun) or...
http://library.thinkquest.org/10320/Question1.htm

You could give them a paper quiz. I took this from the
site:
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/Files/StampQuiz.htm

I did this paper quiz for my husband one year. Kids
did a pretty goo job with it.

This file will only be online for a few days...as I
really did not get permission to "publish" it.

This was a homework assignment I had my students do:
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/middle/Blk-hero.htm

I read this story to them in class:
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/middle/blk-inve.htm
(author unknown)

I am looking forward to seeing and hearing about your
Black Historu Month lessons.

Regards,

Judy Decker

=====