Re: Nudity - see discussion last year

---------

From: Judith Decker (jdecker4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Feb 06 2005 - 10:05:22 PST

Greetings Tracy,

One list member lost her job last year because of this
issue....Do everything they suggest with a smile.
Then, start looking for a job that values art and your
curriculum....and where there is an administrator who
will allow you to teach the curriculum -and back you.
Kids one day have to just accept the there are nudes
in art. One day they will see them at a museum after
all...or do the parents cover their eyes and not let
the kiddies look?

Check out Getty archives as I can not remember exactly
when the discussion was - enter nudity artednet 2004
in Google search first. If YOU can not find the recent
discussion yourself THEN email me privately and I will
Google it. We actually set up an Off list support
group for this teacher.

Take my off list advice to heart, too.

Judy Decker

--- Tracy Conley <tracy.conley@comcast.net> wrote:

> Hello,
> I am a second year art teacher and I work in a very
> conservative area, which
> I am learning
> every day. This has been a really hard year so far.
> At the beginning of the
> year I showed the
> video, "Getting to know the artist, Vincent VanGogh"
> to Kindergarteners. The
> part time art

=====
Incredible Art Department