Judy's Art Resources IS Getty ArtsEDNet's site

---------

From: Judith Decker (jdecker4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Feb 06 2005 - 07:49:32 PST

Greetings Folks,

Truth time...

Judy's Art Education Resources IS YOUR site. YOU have
decided it should stay on IAD. I have always had all
of the resources online for YOU. I rarely used the
links pages with my kiddles - I made individual web
quests for those (many not online now). I put if all
back on - on IAD - for YOU.

Note: JUMP DOWN TO LESSON PLANS - IMPORTANT NOTE - if
you have stopped reading.

The owner of the server is demanding all of these
changes on my site - because his thinks it will make
it look better.

1. I agreed to take over IAD if my site could be left
"as is".

2. I did resign all of my pages to blend with Ken's
IAD home page colors and look. That was my choice. I
did keep many of my pages with the same color
selection I had done because the pages looked better
my way.

3. Two weeks ago I just changed all of my pages that
had the hover buttons - revising all headers. Now
those headers are all gone to make room for the new
banner. All of my work on those headers was not
totally wasted as I am not placing them as footers.

4. I spent three days trying to find an easy way to
add the banners they want. I stayed up all night
reading Front Page help. I figured out how to do
it....and now got "chewed out" for "juming the gun" as
they weren't ready for me to do that...I did not get a
"Gee thanks that way works easiest for us
too"....."They" are not happy now with the way the
banners look on my pages and may want them to all be
done a different way (Yes I can easily change them -IF
they let me add the right banner my way)

READ THIS ON LESSON PLANS - IMPORTANT!!!

5. Now "they" want the banner with Google ads on YOUR
lesson plans! I already told them I would take all of
my lesson plans off - and they would be stuck fixing
broken links. Two high hit pages would be gone from
the site: My Art Lessons and Year plan - PLUS all of
the files linking from that page.

I WILL NOT PUT Banners with Google ads on YOUR ART
"your lessons".... All contributors let me know.

HOW MANY OF YOU WILL PULL YOUR LESSON PLANS IF ADS
APPEAR ON THEM? Lesson plans are "your art". YOU own
the copyright - You can pull them off too - after all,
you could submit these to School Art or Arts and
Activites and get $$ for them...YOU choice to
contribute them here for free.

GETTY list members have added 80% to 90% of the new
lesson plans... I will not have them getting $$$ from
Google from your HOURS of work.

I will however put a logo on the plan which I think
will actually look good:
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/middle/Lessons/6beast.htm
(The Company Logo has to be added better. I just did
this as a quickie)

PLEASE reply to me OFF LIST on this issue.
jdecker4art@yahoo.com.... My ONE post on this will
only be in the archives one time....but all of your
list posts would be too....so REPLY to me off list.

I have talked to several of you off list...Your
prayers for a decision have been a blessing. I am not
generally a "whiner" - but re-doing what was just
redone has never appealed to me. I never have like
"not being good enough". What I can do has to be good
enough for them. I like being average (grin)....The
average person, with a lot of study of Front Page
could do web work like I do. I am not going to learn
anything new at this point - or buy new software. I
did learn two new things at 3:00 a.m. yesterday. Yes..
I finally got a good night's sleep last night,
finally.

Regardless... Judy's voice on the Web/Getty will not
go away (as long as there is a Getty list). You are
all REAL people....the 400,000 hits each month on my
site means little to me.

Judy Decker