Re: arts assessment-parents feedback

---------

From: Sarah Bernardi (bernardi_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Feb 04 2005 - 11:06:17 PST

Judy how many students did you have when you wrote comments on every
report card? Just curious-I think it's wonderful-
Sarah

>>> jdecker4art@yahoo.com 02/04/05 12:13 PM >>>
Greetings Jeryl,

I KNOW it is a BIG job....but I wrote a comment on
each report card. I only taught elementary for two
years. I had one night to do all report cards - I
stayed up all night long and was dragging the next
day. The classroom teachers were amazed and very
appreciative as behavior in my class was also
exhibited in theirs. One teacher even went to the
administrator and told her about it. No one (specials)
had EVER done that in all her years of teaching at my
school.

YES it was worth it! Those kids were all angels for me
when I got them in middle school.

My advice of course is to take more than one night to
do it (smile)...I was the last one to get the report
cards and they had to be handed out the next day.

Marvin - if you see this -- thanks for your repsonse.

Hope this hleps some...

Judy Decker

--- holl5@innova.net wrote:

> I have been following the assessment discussions
> with interest since my
> district just has implemented required grading for
> the related arts
> teachers at the elementary level.

=====
Incredible Art Department
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/
Incredible Art Resources

http://my.yahoo.com

---
bernardi@berkeley.k12.sc.us
leave-artsednet-20361K@lists.getty.edu
Berkeley County School District provides employee E-mail
access for administrative and instructional use. E-mail
correspondence to/from Berkeley County School District
is considered public information and subject to release
under the South Carolina Freedom Of Information Act
or pursuant to subpoena.
<<<<GWAVAsig>>>>
---