Re: flower pounding-has anyone done it?

---------

From: Cathy Gaul (allgaul_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Feb 03 2005 - 17:46:27 PST

I did this a LONG time ago and remember it was quite successful. We used regular hammers on a sort of thin fabric, not remembering what kind it was. I remember that we used impatiens, and the reds and pinks came out quite well.
Word of caution: Don't pound to hard or too long in any one spot, it will make holes and cuts in the fabric!
I would think rubber mallets would work well instead of metal hammers...or put down something to absorb the sharper edges...felt maybe? Give it a try on paper that way and see if that would keep the paper from tearing?
Good luck and let us know how it went.

Cathy

Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.