As a former Art Director/Graphic Designer I know I would be impressed if kids
asked me some questions like...
1) What are the steps involved in bringing a concept from start to finish.
2) Do you always get to personally present your work to clients.
3) If you're work has been either shot down by the client or radically
changed, what do you do next?
4) (This one might applies but depends on the type of design work they do)
What is it like working with a partner (copywriter), especially if you both
have different creative visions of what the final product should be.
5) What was it like when you sold your first design and got to see it
6) What kind of qualites or characteristics should a sucessful graphic
7) Can you make a ton of money doing design work?
8) Who or what are your influences your design work?
Hope this helps,
Paul J. Gelinas JHS