Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

RE: 2D artworks of Insects

From: Hillmer, Jan (HillmJan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Feb 03 2005 - 09:50:05 PST

Altho this is not painting but machine embroidery, Annemieke Mein's work
is worth a look.

Justin Kramer <> wrote:

Has anyone encountered artworks that contain insects as one of its main
subject matters?

I am seeking artists who use the subjectmatter of insects within their
paintings as a primary focal point or even secondary. I hope someone can
remember of a work or even works. Not having much luck.

I have only come across two artists - one a painter and the other is
photographer and need a few other works.

Do you Yahoo!?
Meet the all-new My Yahoo! <>  - Try it today! ---