Re: flower pounding

---------

From: Ann Wilschke (awilschke_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Feb 03 2005 - 06:43:31 PST

I did this sometime ago.....don't remember much........we did it on
fabric, The act of the pounding might rip the paper. Some flowers
worked better than others..........(I am jealous that you are in a
locale where there are flowers in Feb.!).........anyway try ahead. We
used regular hammers........if you use fabric, I'd prewash it. I have a
book on it.......at home, I think it's called Flower Pounding. The
images are fairly faint.........As I remember we got nice reds from Bee
Balm......deep colors work best. I don't think yellow would show.
Good luck......let us know how it goes.

---