Sax Catalog - Africa Lessons - Character Education - Markers - MUSIC!

---------

From: Judith Decker (jdecker4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Feb 02 2005 - 14:21:12 PST

Greetings Art Educators,

WOW! I just got my new Sax Catalog and am just Ooohing
and Ahhhing the new products (and many "new to me"
since I didn't get a 2004 catalog). I have many pages
turned down already of things I would like to try (way
too many to mention).

For you African Lessons and Multicultural Units:

African Textile Craft Paper - Page 149
Bold colors based on Kente Cloth designs
Lots of other cultural paper too

Odorless Markers - page 288 (this was a topic on
Getty)

Dixon Redisharp - fine point black markers....for
those who are concerned about Sharpies. These are
waterbase permanent markers.

Lots of colors of Sharpies - page 287
Even these are said to be low odor - I wonder if they
cahnged the formula? My Sharopies do stink...but they
are labeled non-toxic.

Music....

Songs in the Key of Art - by Greg Percy - page 540.
They now have Volume 1,2 & 3
I know some of you need PO's so can't order directly
from Greg. EVERYONE who has purchased Greg's CDs loves
them. They are geared to elementary grades, but Greg
uses them with his middlers now...who secretly like
them while they do say they are "corny".

Character Education - and Markers

The back of the catalog has what looks like a great
deal - a Classpack of four different kinds of Crayola
markers: Gel FX, Classic Broad Line, Overwriters,
Fabric Markers. You get 32 of each set (8 colors
each). Now, I know that may not be enough for your
entire class - so order a couple extra individual
sets.

As a bonus you get FREE Crayola Dream-Makers Drawing
on Character - 48 page book. I have heard a lot of
good things about these lesson...and we all know how
important character education is. Book has 12 hands-on
activities. I have seen some of the work from these
plans - Great stuff.

Happy shopping....If you don't get a Sax catalog -
call 1-800-558-6696. If only your school office gets a
copy - order one for yourself.

I thought Getty list needy a "Saxy Judy" fix....we
miss our Judy Nagel posting the latest from Sax. Judy
still lurks and says "hi from time to time.

Judy Decker