International Civil Rights Museum-my kid won!

---------

From: Fields, Linda (fieldsl_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Feb 02 2005 - 12:29:41 PST

Hi everyone-just wanted to share some good news. One of my art II students just won an art contest sponsored by the International Civil Rights Museum which is scheduled to open soon in Greensboro, NC in the old Woolworth's building, the site of the sit-ins on Feb. 1, 1960. The theme was "How did the Greensboro Sit-ins Change America?" Her illustrations showed things such as a KKK member, separate facilities, and the 4 students sitting out the lunch counter-all done in black, gray, white. Then it progressed to Pres. Johnson signing the Civil Rights Act and people of all races together, which were done in color. The student attended the celebration of the 45th anniversary last evening and met 3 of the original students and Jesse Jackson, as well as a host of politicians. She will receive a bond and her name engraved on a crystal brick in the museum.

After a week where everything else has gone wrong, this was a nice surprise. Linda

This email is for the sole use of the individual for whom it is intended. If you are neither the intended recipient, nor agent responsible for delivering this e-mail to the intended recipient, any disclosure, retransmission, copying, or taking action in reliance on this information is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the person transmitting the information immediately. All email correspondence to and from this email address may be subject to NC Public Records Law which may result in monitoring and disclosure to third parties, including law enforcement."
Outbound by GCSnet (b37)

---