Marvin's Posts are Golden

---------

From: Judith Decker (jdecker4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Feb 02 2005 - 09:15:41 PST

Greetings ArtsEdNetters,

I "treasure" all of Marvin's posts. He continues to
share his wisdom and teach us...always a teacher of
teachers.

I have had the "Getty Pond Blues" for the past couple
of weeks.... My "signal" for when it was time for me
quit the list was going to be when my Nicholas
RedFishBlueFish died. I named my Beta Fish after Nick
Brod who was fighting to keep ArtsEdNet Talk. I don't
know if Nick is still there as my last email to him
quite some time ago bounced - and I got no reply when
I inquired who was in charge. (and I have ofter
referred Getty list to a "pond" and all of you/us
fish.....and all of your kiddies fish)My "Nick" died
during the power outage - of course - I had no Getty
those days either.

I believe I will have to get a NEW fish and name him
"Marvin". While a GOLDfish would be appropriate, it
will have to be another beta as I have too much Beta
food left. I am certain Marvin won't mind having a
fish named after him. Marvin has done some amazing
ceramic fish art. I have a feeling Marvin likes fish,
too. Fish are a symbol of wisdom, afterall - and
respected in all cultures.

Cheers,

Judy