Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: 2D artworks of Insects

From: Woody Duncan (woodyduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Feb 02 2005 - 07:53:41 PST

        A few years back at our annual conference, KAEA had a
guest artist. John Cody is a Kansas artist famous for his
paintings of moths. His work is well researched and respected
for it's accuracy.
                Woody, Retired in Albuquerque

Justin Kramer wrote:
> Has anyone encountered artworks that contain insects as one of its main
> subject matters?
> I am seeking artists who use the subjectmatter of insects within their
> paintings as a primary focal point or even secondary. I hope someone can
> remember of a work or even works. Not having much luck.
> I have only come across two artists - one a painter and the other is
> photographer and need a few other works.

35 Quality Middle School Art Lessons
Ordering Address: PO Box 91703
Albuquerque, NM    87199-1703
Where Woody's watercolors are: