Re: Muslim Drawing and Betty Edwards

---------

From: KATHY TROTT (KATHY_TROTT_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Feb 02 2005 - 06:10:51 PST

I use lots of objects from nature (pinecones, seed pods, nuts, acorns,
leaves, twigs, sea shells, etc.), broken appliances (hair dryers,
telephones, cell phones, irons, blenders, toasters,etc.), used
containers (perfume bottles, lipstick, compacts, etc.), and art supplies
(scissors, glue bottles, brushes...). This provides a lot of variety
and detail and can be combined to create a still life.
Kathy

>>> Gabrielle.Bliss@mpls.k12.mn.us 01/31/05 01:48PM >>>
Well, it's a new semester aned I have many new classes that I have
preps for. I thought I'd save time in my drawing class and teach Betty

Edwards "Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain" BUT I have about 7
very conservative muslim students who cannot draw humans or aminals.Has

anyone else developed something that they taught in place of the
person/animal stuff? This is a semesster long High School class and I
don't have time to invent the wheel.

Gabrielle BLiss in Minnesota

---
KATHY_TROTT@charleston.k12.sc.us